Welcome to Haidar's Honeypot

Hi, welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy the content.

Thursday 14 April 2011

A sweeping soundness of my heart has enchanted me

At this very moment in time I feel so pure, so tranquil and a soundness in my heart. Everything around me feels unimportant, the people around me are invisible - I am in my own world, basking in the sweetness of spirituality that has enshrouded me. Yet I know that this feeling, notion, belief can not last long but I know that it's good for me, I feel easy, nothing is impossible - I feel like I can take on the world. I now understand why the true Sufi's (spiritual people concerned with the purification of the heart) spend their whole life in search of this tranquillity. Personally, I think this state of self should be used for good and be implementable in our lives so that we become of benefit to our selves, our families and the wider society.


I was contemplating whether or not to post such an entry but then I thought it won't be long before I revert to my old self so I better post this to remind myself that this utopian tranquil heart does exist, it just needs the right moment, the right mindset and the will power to harness its energy.


I am desperately trying to disseminate how this feeling came about. Key to this development is waking up early. This morning I woke up at 4am, I prayed my early pre-dawn prayer and later I decided to do something I had been meaning to do but never got round to actually doing, making excuses to myself so often that I had forced my brain to legitimise them as reason: I began to memorise some verses of the Qur'an. Though I was dreading the difficulty of this task, suddenly it felt so easy, I felt good, I wasn't getting tired at all - in fact I was relishing it all. I realised that this had a huge impact in the development for the soundness of my heart because it was something difficult to do, something honourable in the Sight of God. 


My second leg of the morning involved motivating my little brother, after properly waking him up at 7am, I advised him on time, on excellence on being successful, as always I had transitioned his sleepy head into a motivated mind. He raised up to the challenge (quite literally he tilted his head forward and sat up) and I was more than happy to support him. On my journey to uni, I opened my mobile Qur'an and listened to Shaykh Shatri recite and followed along with him, it was quite an extraordinary journey to uni, one in that it seemed extremely quick and two in that I had not actually 'seen' a single person, my eyes were pretty much closed and my gaze lowered throughout the journey.


Finally, last night, I spoke to a friend of mine and I think they gave some really good advice, and this is the final key to tranquillity -  that the day before is also full of goodness, motivation and success. 


In all earnestly, I do truly relish this state of self, it is deep and many people will not be able to handle what I am  saying (and some times I won't either) but here I am telling myself it is true, for once in a long time I feel 'happy', I feel at one with myself, I feel that all things are good in the world. Thank you more please. 

1 comment:

Ally S said...

I so wish there was a 'like' button on blogspot.

Best feeling ever. For me it comes when I've spent my time letting go completely of myself and just being in the world. Observing everything about it - the nature, the people, the buildings, whatever is around me - seeing how it all fits together, being amazed at just how incredible this thing called life is and just being grateful that I am getting to experience it, even the bad bits :).